Saturday, February 21, 2009

Borrowed Time

I am feeling resentful of my lost hours. I feel 3 hours older, and will be 4 hours older by the end of this trip. Theoretically, I've been living the last eight or so years on borrowed time, as I was 4 hours younger for all those years. But, going in reverse seems harsh. Maybe because I'm just really, really tired today. But, when I make my way back to Alaska, I think I should stay for good, and keep my four less hours.

Fargo has been good. Yes, the accents are really funny. Sarah, a fifth generation New Yorker, is frustrated by the slow pace of life here, but I don't really notice...well, not too much anyway, but I'm horrible with time anyway. I've chatted with some nice people here today. And the alcohol is cheap. Really, really cheap, thanks to Happy Harry's Bottle Shop. The children's museum was nothing spectacular, but Owen made some "new friends" and was happy running loose for hours. Supposedly, there's a swimming pool and hot tub in this apartment complex that we're staying in...so, sometime tonight, I'll get myself into gear and search the SkyBox 18 for a suit. Tomorrow, we'll explore a little more of Fargo, most importantly the Celebrity Walk of Fame, that we didn't make it to yet today. Then, we'll hit the road for Destination Des Moines, where we'll be staying with my Aunt Shirley!

1 comment:

  1. Celebrity Walk of Fame?? Who knew Fargo had such a prized population! :)

    ReplyDelete